Modern Basic Private Label Printing Information
Are you looking to start your own makeup line? Modern Basic offers a turnkey printing service whereby your company logo is digitally laser printed directly on the products you order. We are able to private label makeup products, unit cartons, brushes, makeup cases, brush aprons and wraps. Branding your professional cosmetic line can be a quick and effective way to grow your company's image. With no minimums and a variety of printing options (colors/sizes), let us help you reach your business goals!
Please note that our private label service is done by digitally laser printing your logo onto our products and boxes. At this time, we do not offer alternate components or packaging.
|One Color Print||Multi-color Print|
|Minimum Quantity||NO MINIMUM||NO MINIMUM|
One Time Artwork Fee
Setup Charge (per order)
|Printing Charge (per print)||$0.30||$0.50|
|Turnaround Time (typical)||
12-20 business days
12-20 business days
|Buy Logo Plate Design||Buy Logo Plate Design|
- Purchase a logo plate design here.
- Upload a high resolution picture of your logo on the logo plate design product page (information for artwork requirements is below).
- Color selection for your logo is optional. We will determine the logo color from your uploaded image.
- If you are unsure whether your logo is appropriate for printing, please send us an email and we can guide you.
- We can print your logo on the compacts and paper cartons so keep that in mind when designing your logo
- Simpler logos have better results. More complicated logos do not show as well when printed on small products.
- Products listed in the clearance section of our website have been discontinued so they will not be restocked once they are sold out. Please be aware when ordering.
- The minimum order is $200 on products only and does not include print or set up fees. However, we do make exceptions for businesses or individuals looking to make a sample order before ordering larger quantities.
Private Label Orders Online:
- Log into your account.
- If you haven't already, purchase a logo plate design here.
- Your logo designs will appear on your "My Account" page once they are complete. If you have previously purchased a logo design from us and your logo does not appear in "My Account", please contact us.
- Browse our collection of products.
- Products that can be printed will have an option for "Logo Printing"
- Choose a one color logo or a multi-color logo
- Choose the logo that you want to use for this product
- Choose whether you want to print on the product or box or both (box option not available for some products)
- Add item to your cart (Once an order has been placed we cannot add on to them or amend them. To avoid any inconvenience, please ensure your order is complete and accurate before submitting it)
- When ready, go to checkout. Your products and printing related fees will be shown on the cart page.
- Our print specialist will create an artwork drawing file with three standard sizes for your company logo to send to you by email for your review and approval. Approval is only required for your first order or if you want to make changes to your logo.
- Due to the artwork design and printing template creation, your initial order may take more than the usual 10-15 business days turnaround time.
- The majority of our product compacts and paper cartons have a black finish, so black ink is not a recommended option for printing. If you would like to use black ink to print, you must choose another ink color choice to supplement the black ink. We will print black ink on clear and white compacts.
- There is only one print location per product. We are not able to accommodate custom print locations.
- Printed products and related fees (plate charge, setup fee, printing charges) are non-refundable.
- While every effort is made to ensure speedy service, turnaround time is intended to be a guideline only. We cannot guarantee a completion date.
- The customer is solely responsible for adherence to all federal and state/provincial labeling requirements for private labeled products.
Requirements for Artwork Drawing:
This information is specific to the design of your logo and the accuracy in which it can be converted to an artwork drawing to be made into a digital printing template
- Artwork must be in vector format. Usually, AI (Adobe Illustrator) are vector files but not necessarily. Bitmap formats like PDF, AI, PSD, and EPS are acceptable if they are high resolution (at least 300dpi). However, there is a $50 charge to convert your file to vector format if it is a bitmap or container bitmap components. If you send us your logo, we can confirm whether it is the right vector format or not.
- If there is text as a part of your logo, please include the font name.
Size and Chart:
Ready to go big?
We offer custom manufacturing services to clients that are ready to scale up to the next level. The minimums are higher but the volume discounts are significantly higher as well. Interested? See our custom manufacturing page.
Need some help to guide you through the process of creating your own makeup line? Please give us a call at 1-877-438-1120 or email us. If you are interested in visiting our showroom please call ahead to make an appointment, we would be happy to meet with you in person!